Conning is committed to conducting its business by adhering to the following Principles and Values at all times:
- Integrity – constantly strive to uphold the highest professional standards and provide sound, ethical, independent advice to clients. We will do what is right, not just what is allowed.
- Lead by Example – at all levels acting in a way that exemplifies what we expect of each other and clients. Act with skill, competence and objectivity.
- Trusted Business Partners – challenging assumptions, pursuing facts and strengthening Conning’s reputation as a trusted and objective business adviser; we earn our clients’ trust by acting in their best interests. We place client interests before our own as a fiduciary to our client.
- Teamwork – bringing out the best in each other and creating strong and successful working relationships. We put the common goals of the firm first and avoid the silo mentality by trusting, respecting and working with each other.
- Respect – respecting colleagues, clients, and prospects for their knowledge, skills and experience as individuals and team members.
- Honesty – sharing information, insight and advice frequently and constructively and managing tough situations with courage and candor.
- Vigilance– being alert, watchful and stewards of Conning, promoting an environment that nurtures and maintains high ethical standards.
- Strive for Excellence – delivering what we promise to clients and adding value beyond what is expected through innovation, training, agility and responsiveness to client needs.
United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI)
Conning became a signatory to the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment in April of 2012.